This post is sponsored by Megaphone Influence/The Women Bloggers, LLC, a #SoapboxInfluence Project. All opinions are mine alone.
Do you know how long it's been since I had a jar of Gerber baby food or a box of Gerber baby cereal in my kitchen pantry? Approximately 21 months, 3 weeks, 6 days, and 12 hours. [So long, apparently, that they were still packaged in jars and boxes. Ha!] It's been a long time since I fed a baby of mine baby food.
Before creating this recipe, I had never even thought of using baby food for anything other than feeding babies. But, after giving it a little thought, I came up with this delicious Apple Crisp recipe, that uses Gerber Oatmeal Cereal and Gerber Apples baby food. It's going to be perfect for Summer picnics and barbeques. Best part, all ingredients are found at Walmart, so no running around town searching for this or that.
Easy Apple Crisp with Gerber Oatmeal Cereal
For the crust:
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup Gerber Oatmeal Cereal
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- dash of salt
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon of water
For the filling:
- 6 gala apples - peeled, cored, and sliced
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 ounce "jar" of Gerber Apples
For the topping:
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup Gerber Oatmeal Cereal
- 1/4 brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine crust ingredients, press into bottom of 9 inch pie dish. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Put filling ingredients into saucepan and heat over medium heat. Stir for 10 minutes, or so, until apples begin to soften. Pour into crust.
- Combine topping ingredients, sprinkle evenly over filling. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Lower oven to 350 degrees, and continue baking for 10-12 more minutes.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream or a heaping scoop of whipped cream.
- Ask yourself why you've never thought to use Gerber Oatmeal Cereal before.
Are you brave enough to Cook with Gerber?? Imagine the possibilities. You can sneak veggies and fruits into recipes, and you're kids won't suspect a thing. After all, they won't see them.
Head over to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, or Instagram, and see who else has been cooking with Gerber. Search the hashtag #CookingWithGerber. You'll be astonished at the creative recipes you find!
But wait, there's more!! Now, enter to win a $50 gift card!! One of you will win $50 to go buy lots and lots of Gerber baby cereal...or, whatever you choose.